[geeks] Glad I don't live in Texas!

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Jun 12 11:00:53 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 11:51:12AM -0400, Tim H. wrote:
> Politics by definition (http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=politics) involve others, until you broadcast them they are beliefs, but they aren'r politics

If you're going to go for dictionary definitions, I'll see your website and
raise you an Oxford English Dictionary which, amongst other definitions,
says "the political principles, convictions, opinions or sympathies of a
person or party".  Nothing about said principles, convictions, opinions or
sympathies being public knowledge.

And seeing that that relies on the definition of "political":
  A. adj
  1.a. Of, belonging, or pertaining to the state of body of citizens, its
       government and policy

Therefore, a privately-held view regarding governance is political.

Ha! you lose!

--
Lord Protector David Cantrell     |     http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

   it's amazing that your parents can be so kind and
   thoughtful and produce ... well ... you
             -- Greg McCarroll, speaking to me on IRC