[geeks] Glad I don't live in Texas!

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Wed Jun 12 09:24:37 CDT 2002

I don't think so, Religion, if properly applied, gives you a reason for life and what happens in it, Politics, on the other hand, is just people arguing about who should tell other people what to do.  Religion is internal, politics is completely external.  My Political beliefs may be very strong and sincere, but they aren't truly political until I broadcast them.  Politics requires discussion, Religion does not.  Some Religions do require attempts to convince others, but except for the relatively few militant sects, they do not require others to enter into the discussion if they don't desire to.  And those militant sects do bridge the gap between religion and politics.

Tim