[geeks] Glad I don't live in Texas!

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Wed Jun 12 00:35:01 CDT 2002

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Matthew Poertner wrote:

> Yeah, well that model sounds nice but it wont work that way.

Pfft. Such a cynic. Just because it's never been done doesn't mean it
wouldn't work.

> You get these damn democrats voting for dead people

I'd call that a shot across the bow.

> Who's to say they wont start voting for a lesser prepared person in a
> different party?  They have no business to do so.

I'd rather have a decent person of no affiliation other than 'people'
hold office and still be capable of sifting and beating through the
bullshit than any politically battle-hardened old-timer who cares more
about his golf game/mistress/church kickbacks than keeping his common
sense.

I don't think that's an unreasonable request...

--a