[geeks] Glad I don't live in Texas!

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Tue Jun 11 23:41:59 CDT 2002

On Tuesday, June 11, 2002, at 09:29 PM, Matthew Poertner wrote:

> I think that's a crock of shit.  Primary elections select a candidate to
> represent the party.  People not registered in my party should not be
> able to
> vote for who will end up representing my party.

Gee, how about "casting a vote for someone to represent me fairly."
YOUR party?  Fuck that noise - that's just what's wrong with the whole
system.  We think along party lines, instead of voting for real.
Someone should be elected on how well they will represent the will of
the people.  ALL the people.  I don't see the current set of fuckheads
in DC doing much to represent the people, just the religious right and
the energy industry.  "Let's return to the 50's!  We need more
McCarthyism!  Let's hold US citizens and deny their basic rights!"

-Pete