[geeks] Glad I don't live in Texas! and stuff about my web sites

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Tue Jun 11 17:29:34 CDT 2002

*@^#%%^(*%# political correctnes!!! I really am starting to get annoyed at everybody leaning on everybody else to change names/traditions/institutions because some group finds them offensive.  Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating offensiveness for the sake of offensiveness, but the whole thing about southern states and the confederate flag, the fact that in NY all schools with 'Indians' sports teams have been asked to change their names, "peoplekind", ..............

<shameless plug>I'm gonna have to work up a lucid opinion about this and stick it on my web site, for some reason that helps, even though I know nobody ever reads them. http://www.pellucidar.net </shameless plug>

speaking of web sites, Bill, I know you had a bit of a run in with Sun about sunhelp, do they object to any use of the sun logo, even in descriptions of Sun hardware that might be in a collection somewhere?

<shameless plug> I am working up to a web site for a collection, and would like to use manufacturers logos as identifiers in a table, but don't know whether I need to ask every company before I do. http://websedge.org/wecomputers.html (no, no logos yet, that page is just to verify my back end db is operating as anticipated) </shameless plug>

Tim

<SNIP>