[geeks] Lotus Notes

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 11 12:12:32 CDT 2002

~ -----Original Message-----
~ From: Gary Nichols [mailto:gary at linuxforce.org]
~
~ <yoda>
~ Anger I sense.
~ How feel you?
~ Honest you must be.
~ mmmmmmmmmm.
~ </yoda>
~

OK, I honestly hate Slotus Bloats.

Actually I hate any variety of what I call "SuitWare". Software that exists
mostly to give suits something to cluster around and go gee-wiz about, but
it never really does anything but reinforce some of the careers of the
anointed. Long implementation periods followed by no real value, no work
done and no return on investment. Some ERP implementations are like this too
(disclaimer: many ERP systems are great things, but are poorly implemented
and grossly underestimated in scope of resources required to make them
work). One really good indicator of suitware is that by the time the
software is implemented it is irrelevant to the market and the vendor
doesn't do anything to update it and make it fit the real world.