[geeks] AotC (no spoilers allowed)

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Jun 10 19:51:35 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 08:46:22PM -0400, alex j avriette wrote:

> so you saw it in analog as well? i head heard that the analog film was
> different. what was different in the analog version? (i've only seen the
> digital one)

Ebert said that they were the same, but the digital showings are less
blurry.

I though that AotC was noticably blurry in spots, and there was a
tremendous amount of visual noise.  Whether it was real film noise,
CCD noise (except I think it was shot with CMOS cameras, and I don't
know if they have noise), or digitally added noise, I don't know.
But, if the digital projects are so much better as Ebert says, one
does have to wonder if the film version was sabotaged as Ebert
suggests.  I prefer to think of it as cheapness or penny pinching, but
anyway you look at it, it sucks.

--
Joshua D. Boyd