[geeks] Any opinion on "Exist": XML Database

William S. wstan at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 10 06:05:49 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 05:17:44AM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, William S. wrote:
<snip>

> That looks pretty cool.  Do you have a PHP interface to add data to the
> file, or are you editing it manually?

I have added data to the XML file manually. The XSL stylesheet
is setting up the formatting in preparation for Sablotron
doing the transformation. I am just starting to understand how
all these work together.

> > I recently came across this item and was wondering if
> > anyone has tried it out or applied it and has an opinion.
> >
> > http://exist-db.org/index.html
>
> #ifdef SKEPTICAL_PROGRAMMER
>
> To me, it looks like a solution in search of a problem.  It looks very
> elegant and fairly simple to use, but I can't imagine that it would come
> close to the speed of a well-indexed real database.  Just remember that if
<snip>

Thank you for the insight. I can see there are a lot
of things to consider in using these things. I will tinker
and experiment more to see what works best for me I guess.

--
Bill
Amsterdam, NL