Height/Weight: Re: [geeks] quiet

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Jun 9 14:30:40 CDT 2002

> > really I have no patience for a lot of things.  I end up getting shit
> > done with very little drama (I have no patience for drama...).
>
> So, when do you want my resume? :)

I really wish I was in a position to hire people - there's a few folks
om the various sunhelp.org lists that I would hire any time.

> Seriously, I've worked for ex-military guys and am a great fan of the
> `tactical update'. Get it out, get it over, and get on.

'Tactical update' - I'll have to remember that term for later use :)

> Speaking from a genetics perspective, I believe that I do work well under
> stress -- one of my grandfathers was an air traffic controller (go watch
> `Pushing Tin') and the other a combat medic in Vietnam.

I find that when things get stressful, my brain/body reacts in a very
positive way.  I actually appear much calmer, meanwhile my brain is
racing and thinking.  Tends to calm other folks down too - seeing
someone that appears so relaxed.

> Humor aside, engine control systems are rather fascinating to begin with.
> It's amazing how you can take input from a mere handful of sensors and
> alter parameters in realtime. I hate to say it, but I am impressed at some
> of the work that the `rice boys' do. And engine spinning at upwards of 8k
> RPM is generating more sensor information than one spinning at a maximum
> of 6K RPM. And if the processor's budgets are pushed to hard, you could
> wind up with shrapnel all over the place. (NO2)

A lot of that stuff is even directly applicable to tuning trucks and
muscle cars - especially in this, the day of ODB-II diagnostics ports.
Wonderful stuff.

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com