Height/Weight: Re: [geeks] quiet

Bryan Fullerton bryanf at samurai.com
Sun Jun 9 11:47:36 CDT 2002

On Sunday, June 9, 2002, at 09:28 AM, Kris Kirby wrote:

> Yeah, but like most people who have ADD and self-medicate, stimulants
> help. But I try to stay away from them unless I absolutely need them
> (like
> in order to prevent a N->K situation as a lack of sleep).

Caffeine is frequently used by people with mild ADD to self-medicate.

Personally, I find my mild ADD is quite useful in multi-tasking
situations. Have four or five applications open, and when one gets
boring switch to another. :)

My father and one of my brothers have more severe ADD - they both get
very frustrated in complex and stressful situations. My dad gets VERY
annoyed VERY quickly when driving unmedicated in heavy traffic, for
example. Both operate much more effectively when medicated. For my dad,
a couple of Ritalin a day is much better than the 8-10 cups of coffee he
used to drink.

Bryan