Height/Weight: Re: [geeks] quiet

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Jun 9 09:01:04 CDT 2002

> > I'm convinced that nearly everyone has some mild form of ADD.  My
>
> Hrm. If everyone has it, it's not a disorder.

Actually, that came out a little backwards.  I actually meant to say
that, under certain situations, I think that nearly everyone will
display ADD-like behaviour.  I do frrom time to time - though Karin
thinks I'm just being impatient.  I find that it helps in work
situations, as I won't sit there and listen to someone ramble
pointlessly about something - "Would get to the fucking piont!" usually
escapes my mouth at that time.  People think I'm being an asshole, but
really I have no patience for a lot of things.  I end up getting shit
done with very little drama (I have no patience for drama...).

> Your nephew is probably very mechanically minded. He will need the
> computer experience, at least to a limited degree since all cars / trucks
> / generators have them.

Computers as they relate to cars and trucks are not the problem, it's
computers intheir desktop form that he shows no interest in.  I actually
went through a 20-minute explanation of computer control of modern cars
with him, and he listened intently for the whole 20 minutes - and
understood everything.  Try to explain the difference between a Mac and
a peecee and he'll lose interest a couple seconds into it...

> Personally, I have found that I have great visualization skills -- if I
> can understand exactly what I am thinking about (such as in conversation).
> Like I've said before -- it's great to get a mental picture (vided,
> really) of a network as an advertsing-like fly-over starting at a single
> data circuit and finishing at a national map of interconnecting circuits.
> And all in less than five seconds. :)

That's interesting - I'm also very visual in my thinking.  I hate
reading texts unless I can "play along" :)
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com