[geeks] homeless DEC stuff in NY state

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Sat Jun 8 20:01:18 CDT 2002

OK, there was a hint of interest, so here it is:
3 - IBM 4216 020 Laser Printers, you are bidding for the entire lot :-)
1 - Tek. RGB II screen printer, I am considering offering $5 to make it go away.
DEC 3000 (Alpha), no RAM, but does have the necessary RAM riser cards, which I understand to be an alloy of unobtainium
2 - DECStation 5000/200, no RAM, but some might become available
1 - DECStation 5000/125, Kurt, I think this matches your RAM, some kind of DIMM slots, nothing like the pin header cards for the /200
1 - DECStation 3100 with matching storage expansion, I  am probably keeping this box, it just feels nice, and it's full of RAM :-)

I'm not threatening to dumpster them, but next week is throw away your computer day at the dump, and I was hoping to go hang out and see what I could bring home :-)  However I need room.

I'm in Steuben County NY, 1.5-2 hours south of Rochester <tangent>(in fact I went through there on the way to the Buffalo Zoo today, and if you EVER get a chance to take a 2.5 year old on her first zoo trip, take the camcorder.  It was a blast.  Somehow she has decided that Giraffes are her favorite animals, which is OK, but the animals had serious competition from every "pinecorn" she found on the ground.  I really love being a dad, you young guys have some really fun stuff still ahead of you)</tangent>

If you are interested in any of the above stuff, drop me an "offline" note and I'll give directions.  And if you show up and turn your back you'll get a free printer or 4.

Tim

On Sat, 8 Jun 2002 00:53:07 -0400
"Tim H." <lists at pellucidar.net> wrote:

> I have some stuff I'd like to have use up other peoples space.  Older DEC stuff, I think there are 3 DECStation 5000s of various types, a couple <SNIP>
lm.  That thing I definitely will not pick up, bring a buddy to help you. :-)  I think there is even a good optical interconnect cable with the printer, and a couple extra control boxes.  This stuff all !