[geeks] scsi notebook drives

Sven-Olof Johansson sven-olof_johansson at mkv.mh.se
Sat Jun 8 18:53:16 CDT 2002

On Sat, 08 Jun 2002 21:36:17 +0200
"geeks at sunhelp.org" Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> Just in my book I'd rather try and put Quadra's to real use rather
> than actually use a IIfx due to expensive ram and wierd scsi.
> Personally, I'd love to get a stack of Quadra 950s, and perhaps
> another 840av, when I have more space.

A Quadra 950/AWS95 was the first "real" server i had the root password to, and I still think that it's a fine machine. Last year I found two of them [both working, 500MB HD, 128MB RAM] in a recycling bin. That really made me feel old.
When I get the time, I'll install A/UX on one of them, just to see if I still remember how to use it.
Does anyone here know if A/UX was 68040 only or if it's possible to run it on a IIfx?

/Sven-Olof