[geeks] for the big geek.

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Jun 8 07:49:00 CDT 2002

"William S." wrote:

> Very cool. I wish I had the kinda money to
> acquire something like this and not feel guilty
> about it later. It certainly would be one-of-a-kind.
> Wonder how much money the studio actually spent
> building it? From what I had heard. They did not
> spend much money on props.

Shatners book 'Star Trek Memories' goes into minor detail on the props
and what they used.  McCoy's medical tricorder was originally a salt
shaker, for instance.  Talk about pouring salt on the wounds :)

I'll bet one could be built fairly easily with some MDF and a trip to
Radio Shack for some buttons and dials.  Get some LEDs and wire up a
control panel with blinkenlights.  Hmmmm, project?  I could probably
make one for myself in just a couple days, but I'll bet selling copies
would get me into trouble with Paramaount's legal team...
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com