[geeks] scsi notebook drives

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Fri Jun 7 23:36:35 CDT 2002

Thanks Pete

That is slick, I guess I better stick a nubus video card in that thing and see if I have the software to talk to it.  Looks like it has 8M, which from the page appears to be max.  Somebody spent a bunch of money. The IIfx was the biggest at the time wasn't it?  It has a 3com NIC in it also, until I acquired this box I wasn't aware that 3com had done any stuff for Apple.  Looks like that hamfest was a success, My friend and I sold a bunch of stuff that someone else just wanted gone, and acquired a Mac IIfx, a 610 (I think it was a Centris) a PMac 5400, and another Mac II, I forget which one it was now, and had a little cash left over.  We paid like $40, so I got my money's worth out of the 5400.

Since then the PS in the 5400 has died, but I replaced it with a free 5500, so that's OK.  Anybody want a 5400 with dead PS? or anybody got a dead 5400 with good PS?  Good kids machine, it was being used by my 2.5 yr old daughter, I hate to toss it, but it takes up shelf room.  Basic PMac 5400, No cache dimm, only extra is a NIC, Worked fine, then one day just stopped lighting up.  Have assumed PS died because you can no longer hear monitor power on, and on these boxes you can hear that even if the motherboard is removed.  Free, but probably not worth shipping.  I'm in Southern Tier of New York.  For out-of-staters the southern tier is upstate NY (everything not in the City) along the PA border.  We have cows and such :-)

Tim

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002 17:47:06 -0700
"Peter L. Wargo" <pwargo at basenji.com> wrote:

<SNIP>
> > 2)
> > Full size nubus board, no external connector, Says Tektronix on front,
> > no P/N, Says Advance Technologies RP88 Risc Coprocessor on back.
> > 1x Motorola XC88100RC25E 3x XC88200RC25B. 50 MHz Xtal.  (possibly a
> > postscript RIP?)
>
> 88K RISC CPU board for a Mac II.  See:
> http://www.mactech.com/articles/mactech/Vol.06/06.09/RISConMacII/
>
> I remember this board... Truly cool.  I';; have to keep my eyes open for
> one, I wonder if it would work in a IIci...

<SNIP>