[geeks] Just when you thought the usa was gun happy :-)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Jun 7 15:34:06 CDT 2002

> > heat
> > is going to play a factor then, I am sure those barrels get red hot
> > under
> > that type of a firing rate.
>
> why not just load it the same way you load a gatling gun, only using
> barrels? a feed of barrels into a "parser"?

I suppose you cold do that, but then that defeats the "no moving parts"
the Metal Storm seems to want to espouse.  I did manage to look at some
of their CG animations, and the pistol mpeg was fairly good.
Essentially, you rotate the barrel assembly so that the empty barrel is
in-line with a feed port onthe rear of the pistol - then you slide a
sleeve containing another six or so rounds into the now-empty barrel.

The pistol idea looks a little more mature than I originally thought,
and the final product is supposed to contain a recoiling barrel so that
you can fire of a quick burst without the gun jumping off-target.  Looks
fun, if nothing else.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com