[geeks] Just when you thought the usa was gun happy :-)

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Fri Jun 7 13:55:26 CDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 02:00:24PM -0700, Geek wrote:

> I am no gun freak like some here seem to be, and therefore fail to
> grasp the meaning of the rounds per second measurement. I mean after
> you hit about 100 does it really matter? It seems to just mean that
> the bullets in the clip last one fraction of a second less then they
> used to. Maybe it is my lack of education, but if a clip doesn't last
> a second, what the hell does a fraction thereof matter?

i'm a far cry from a weapons expert, but here's my bit:

high ROF (Rate of Fire) weapons are not weapons of accuracy.  therefor, the
larger number of projectiles in the air increases your chances of hitting
something.

insanely large ROF weapons don't use clips since there is no point like you
mentioned, and rather use a belt feed mechanism and a large container of rounds.

-brian
--
"I mean Twinkies are good but getting shot really hurts."
				-- http://www.thisisatastyburger.com/ --