[geeks] Other World Computing does not make Johnny a happy boy.

Jonathan Eisch jeisch at boku.net
Fri Jun 7 13:54:33 CDT 2002

Hi All,

I was looking for some Performa ram the other day, and several people
recommended Other World Computing.  I go on vactaion tomorrow morning, so I
needed the memory today, no problem I figured, so I placed an order online
yesterday morning and got FedEx P1 delivery (by 10:30 the next morning).  I
look for the delivery, nothing to be seen.  Get a call, "Hi, this is Jenny
from Other World Computing, an error occurred and your order was not
processed, so we were wondering if you'd still like you order or how soon
you'd like it...."

So, I'm thrilled.  They didn't offer me anything that would actually be
useful, but they did tell me "Placing an order over the phone is a good way
to have different aspects of your order double checked."  I'm not sure of
the use of their online store, given that, but 'oh well.'

As Bill will probably tell you, MemoryX.net is a great place to get memory,
I've ordered several times from them, and haven't had a single problem.

-Jonathan