Height/Weight: Re: [geeks] quiet

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Jun 7 04:55:38 CDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 01:32:57PM -0400, Andrew Weiss wrote:

> I kind of hate doctors and I don't really trust them either... and of
> course the medical mistakes that happen don't instill me with a whole
> bunch of confidence either.

Of course, you only hear the bad news getting reported - a story like
"last week, $hospital treated several hundred people for minor injuries;
they all survived" just isn't interesting.  Whereas "$doctor killed a
baby by accidentally putting too much salt in their drip" is news.

Given the huge number of medical treatments of all kinds that are carried
out, I am surprised at how few of them go pear-shaped.

--
David Cantrell    |    Reprobate    |    http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation.
                -- Johnny Hart