[geeks] Dynamic files / filesystems?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Jun 6 11:03:00 CDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 11:20:07AM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 04:06:14PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
> > No-one wants 'em cos you can rarely fit more than one or two in a PC.
> Yeah, well, some people need to apply a little creativity.  At this
> moment I can use 6 in external bays I paid nothing for.  Bays that
> will take these are often dirt cheap on ebay.  So cheap that they
> still look fairly well priced next to other methods for getting 100
> gigs, since the cheapest 100 gig drives are still $130.

I wouldn't take them, because I'm trying to cut down on the number of
seperate boxes that make up my puters.  So that I'll have room to add
an RS6000 and get my Vaxstation set up :-)

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed
 (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless
 series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary"  -- H. L. Mencken