Height/Weight: Re: [geeks] quiet

Mike Meredith hmv at meredithm.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Jun 6 10:16:18 CDT 2002

On Thursday 06 June 2002 12:30, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > >The height/weight crap is just that.  I was tols by a doctor that

Not quite. Being overweight greatly increases the risk of certain
life-threatening conditions. And a huge proportion of the western world
is overweight.

> I get really pissed with this height/weight ratio bullshit pandered
> upon us by the government/doctors - as if all humans could be

I must admit I've never heard of this ratio thing; I've always been
under the impression that there was quite a large range that was
considered 'normal'.

> classified into one body type.  According to the gov'ts ratio, I'm
> "morbidly obese" and I *should* weight about 160.  At that weight,
> like Pete said, I'd be dead.

It seems unlikely. You seem to be assuming that you're right and the
doctors are wrong. Well doctors certainly can make mistakes, but so can
you.

> the mouth right there! Jordan is nowhere near overweight, and anyone
> with half a brain could tell that she's got an enormous muscle/bone

Do you *really* want to gamble with your daughter's future health that
you're right and they're wrong ? You may be right, but if it was me,
I'd want to be *damm* sure that was the case before rejecting the
advice of a health care professional who should know more about it than
myself.