[geeks] ipf fun

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Wed Jun 5 18:27:05 CDT 2002

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:
> I also know exactly what is running on the box - why block ports that
> nothing is running on ?

God, I love working for a clueless egotistical control freak
career-climbing boss. I sent him a message about our ass hanging in the
wind (servers running on a unprotected network and not in a DMZ and nary a
switch used once all whilst having holes punched in the firewall so he
could have access to the website from home) and cc'd the original
recipients and his reponse was a quiet-differently-worded `whatever, now
get back to work.'

The manager seems nice, but I haven't gotten to know him. And one of my
two bosses is easy going, but mostly clueless since first shift defines
policy and is kept in the loop on everything.

I can't believe I am a *professional* working for $COMPANY and $BOSS fired
off a memo two weeks earlier that stated that any employee in our group
caught surfing the 'net would be terminated. I make twice what a call
center employee makes and I'm being treated the same!