[geeks] OpAmps

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Jun 5 13:41:01 CDT 2002

I have an MXR Distortion+ pedel.  A number of years ago it broke, and
a friend repaired it with what I suspect was a generic op amp (well,
he said he got it from Radio Shack).  The pedel never sounded the same
to me again.

Anyway, now it is broken again.  I'm thinking of buying a Tube
Screamer mod kit (sold for modifying modern Tube Screamers with parts
more authentic to the original) and using the op amp in the kit for a
replacement part.  But, I don't really know much of anything about op
amps, and while the mod kit says it has directions, I don't know how
explicit they are about the pinout of the op amp.  I'm just noticing
that the MXR Dist+ has an 8 pin op amp, as does the TS808.

--
Joshua D. Boyd