[geeks] *blink*

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Jun 5 05:10:27 CDT 2002

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 12:40:18PM -0500, Amy wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > Woah!  I've never seen a pair of $15k headphones before.  They look
> > prety sweet, but I prefer not to use headphones.
> I've never found a pair of speakers I liked, sadly.

I'm using Tannoy M2s at the moment.  They're not the best in the world,
but for the price they're excellent, and they seem to suit the room
pretty damned well.  And yes, they go loud without distortion - although
then I get really nasty harmonics and vibration from the walls and
furniture.

Give them a try if you can.

I use Sennheiser 570s if for whatever reason I can't use the speakers, and
also when I'm out recording on location.  At work, I plug a cheap pair of
Sony mdr-v100 headphones into my workstation.

--
David Cantrell    |    Reprobate    |    http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed
 (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless
 series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary"  -- H. L. Mencken