[geeks] Anyone know of a really cheap... and I meanunemployment cheap

James Sharp jsharp at psychoses.org
Tue Jun 4 13:36:07 CDT 2002

> On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 01:56:15PM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > I was under the impression that the telcos were required by federal
> > law to offer ISDN everywhere.
>
> Oh, they'll say you can get it - but then make YOU pay for them to install
> the repeaters required to get it to your location.

Not in Texas, though.  The Public Utilities Commision for Texas made SW
Bell stop charging for "Link Extension Equipment" when they found out that
Bell wasn't charging it equally.

I was happy when I found out my ISDN line was only going to cost $53/mo as
opposed to the $180/mo it did before I left Texas.