[geeks] Re: *blink*

roosmcd at dds.nl roosmcd at dds.nl
Tue Jun 4 03:37:28 CDT 2002

> http://www.aopen.com/products/mb/ax4b-533Tube.htm
>
> This has *got* to be a joke.
>
> (note audio output stage)

 Don't be too sure, there are also some other photo's on the web of this
motherboard and it would be an expensive joke if they just mad a single board
without going into production.... although I would not be very fond of having
high voltages running on my motherboard (wasn't it about 300V for tubes?).

 Where I worked we actually made tube audio, something called "Njoe Tjoeb". If
you're bored, it's great fun reading a couple of reviews of it. But this was
just the assembly, not designing. Designing HF circuits was more fun :).

  Michiel