[geeks] more A5K pictures

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Mon Jun 3 18:13:19 CDT 2002

On Sun, 2 Jun 2002, alex j avriette wrote:
> i find any racking/deracking to be wholly unfun and uninteresting.

It's only good if you need to rearrange the equipment. I've moved most of
my playtoys from Huntsville to Hoover (Alabama) and two 19" racks -- a
full 6' rack and a 4' rack. Now I have shelves and suck to rack formerly
unrackable items, so the rack is already looking top heavy because I
haven't figured out if I am going to put the UPSs on the bottom or put
them on a low shelf.

Previously, the 6' rack sat on it's coasters 1/2" off of the ground (on
concrete). Now it's more or less right on the ground because of being on
1/2" carpet.

The *boggle* experience was realizing the full-size HP LaserJet III was
lighter than the Radius/20 and GDM1962B. (ouch)

Now I wonder how I'm going to cool this thing, since it will be in an
appartment.