[geeks] Workbench doing well...

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Mon Jun 3 15:44:44 CDT 2002

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> > Be that as it may, here's a shot of my bench as it stands now (the empty
> > space is for testing systems).  I now have a four-way ADB KVM that I use
> > for my "favorite" classic macs - the IIfx, 840av, Duo Dock (w/280c), and
> > the IIci.
>
> Why do you do with the different Macs?  I'm guessing that since you
> mentioned having a SpigotPower board in the 840av that it is pretty
> much used only for video capture.

Well, with 50 or so classic macs around the house, I had to choose the
four that I would dork with the most often.  Here's why they won a spot on
the KVM:

1) Quadra 840av - exactly - video capture.  Also, it's the fastest 68K I
have.

2) IIfx - I love the IIfx.  The perfect system 7 box.

3) Duo 280c - I need a place for the DuoDock, and I can take that system
with me.  It's also just plain nifty.

4) IIci - with the 50MHz 68030 crammed into it, it's just too much fun.  I
can run system 6, 7 on it, and play with old software.

-Pete