[geeks] Workbench doing well...

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Sun Jun 2 13:44:46 CDT 2002

On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 11:34:45AM -0700, Peter L. Wargo wrote:

> Silly little Mac CPUs boot and say up, unlike most SGI equipment I've
> seen.

the same can be said about sun hardware pete.  when at half.com (after bought
by ebay) we, and ebay suffered MANY machine crashes due to that US-II cache
thing.  sun's solution at the time was to send us a replacement CPU that wasn't
any more likely to work than the one we were replacing.  did that turn me off
to sun hardware?  hell no.  in my experience with SGI i haven't seen a single
fuck up, but i don't use SGI as much as i do Sun.  machines sometimes have
problems.  you can't let one isolated incendent turn you off to the whole
line.  that's a little unreasonable, no?

> I got over it by trading in a Challenge XL for a Sun E4000.  :-)

well, that wasn't nessesarily a bad move IMHO. ;)

-brian
--
"I mean Twinkies are good but getting shot really hurts."
				-- http://www.thisisatastyburger.com/ --