[geeks] IDE Hard drive cooling

Geoff Reed geoffr at zipcon.net
Wed Jul 31 18:14:43 CDT 2002

my 75 gig IBM  FryStar is being cooled by a CoolDrive 2001 made by
coolercase, it is an aluminum 3.5 to 5.25 adaptor that has a heat transfer
pad to help pull xfer heat from the drive into the aluminum chassis, the HD
is enclosed on all 4 sides, and thew front, and there is a cooling fan int
he front to flow cooler air across the electronics and around the HD body
itself.  no burnups since putting it in this and we've had 95 degree days,
with it 10 to 15 degrees hotter in my computer room.