[geeks] What happened to everybody?

Dave Kimmel crisco_kid at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 24 15:38:11 CDT 2002

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> Interesting approach.  But I don't feel like going back and revisiting
> that, since it wasn't for work or anything like that.  One question,
> why was the Word mail merge inadequate for you?

I can't remember, actually.

I think that I just wasn't able to figure out how to make it do exactly
what I wanted it to do.  The database query used for each batch of
documents is different, so maybe I just couldn't figure out how to change
the data source (just the SQL, actually) through OLE Automation.  There
might have been some other issues, such as a deadline in there too.

-- Dave Kimmel
   crisco_kid at shaw.ca