[geeks] Alpha memory

William S. wstan at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 23 18:00:43 CDT 2002

The seller replied back saying he was not very familiar
with the system. He also provided these photographs.
Are they useful enough to ID the machine?

I was figuring it might be an AlphaServer 1000 but
I am only guessing. Opinions?

http://213.84.71.105/alpha_1.jpg
http://213.84.71.105/alpha_2.jpg

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 02:05:40PM +0200, Jochen Kunz wrote:
<snip>

> Get the exact system name / type and the current memory configuration.
> If it has already 80MB, replacing 16 MB with 64 will give you 128 MB.
> This should be enough for NetBSD. Tru64 needs some bits more, it will
> run fine with 192 MB. Don't know about OpenVMS. Sets of four PS/2 FPM
> SIMMs can be found on EBay in the SGI section. (Indigo2 and Indy need
> the same RAM.)
<snip>
--
Bill