[geeks] antispam stuff

Will Mc Donald wmcdonald at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 30 15:33:08 CST 2002

From: "Bill Bradford" <mrbill at mrbill.net>
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 03:01:06PM -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> > > I just discovered www.spamassassin.com.
> > Don't you mean www.spamassassin.org ?
>
> yeah, yea, yeah. typo. 8-)
>
> > That looks really schweet.  Far
> > better than my collection of Sendmail crap.
>
> I just replaced a whole shitload of postfix header/body_checks and
> half my .procmailrc. 8-)

I've been aware of its existence since we started running Mailscanner at
work, it has spamassasin integration...

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/

We haven't implemented it yet and, to be honest, I'm worried how much of the
mail I receive from my other mailing lists it'll flag as spam.

Looking at the tests it performs, the weightings it gives and comparing that
to most of the personal mail I received today makes me afraid. :)

http://spamassassin.taint.org/tests.html

Will.