[geeks] Non-computer mailing lists

Jeff Borisch jborisch at columbus.rr.com
Wed Jan 30 10:10:46 CST 2002

William S. wrote:

> I just thought I would post this and see where it
> leads to. Anyways... most of us are subscribed to
> more than a couple mailing lists. And.. most of those lists
> are computer related. However, does anyone have a favorite
> non-computer mailing list they are with?
> For me, I am subscribed to one about bicycle messengers.
> I joined 'cause I had an interest in fixed-gear
> bikes; Messengers seem to prefer them. Another list I
> was on was the "baidarka". I don't have
> one, but I think they are cool.

I was on TYPO-L a discussion of typography. About half of it had no relation
to digital typography so I guess that counts. I had to get off of it for too
much combined mail list traffic (thanks  a lot [geeks] (-: )

I'm interested in the fixed gear list. Which one is that? I have an old
track bike I restored. Based on the geometry and components, I'm guessing it
is around 1940's era maybe earlier.

--jeff