[geeks] PayPal Alternatives

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Wed Jan 30 00:50:47 CST 2002

[ On Wednesday, January 30, 2002 at 01:19:27 (+0000), Kris Kirby wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] PayPal Alternatives
>
> now see, I don't understand this. Canada is right over the border, etc.
> etc. NAFTA, etc. Shoot, some of the banks are the same even...

They might have the same name sometimes, but they operate under totally
separate rules.  Things are slowly changing as the financial might of
organisations like American Express influence our legislators to change
the rules in their favour, but I hope ever so slowly....

Meanwhile I did manage to use BillPoint for an eBay transaction with
another Canadian the other day.  It worked OK, except BillPoint's DNS
and mailer configurations are so totally screwed I'm not so sure I'd
trust them if the transaction were in the other direction (I was buying,
and my credit card company protects me in this direction).

--
								Greg A. Woods