[geeks] PayPal Alternatives

Ken Hansen n2vip at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 21:02:03 CST 2002

On Tuesday, January 29, 2002, at 08:19 PM, Kris Kirby wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Geek wrote:
>> Kinda off topic of list, if there is such a thing, but anyone know of
>> Canadian friendly PayPal alternatives? Looking for one that does not
>> require a CC to validate.
>
> now see, I don't understand this. Canada is right over the border, etc.
> etc. NAFTA, etc. Shoot, some of the banks are the same even...

I think the no CC part is the hard part...

Also, I think most banks are *state* banks, with limits to what they can
and can't do across state lines (at least that used to be the case). If
a bank (Citi Bank, say) has branches in both NYC and Toronto, they will
most likely not be owned by the same bank, they will (probably) be owned
by one holding company, but have very limited interaction due to
international banking regulations.

IANAB, but I do have a bank account ;^)

www.bidpay.com (owned by Western Union now) is very good for
international purchases, but they require payment with a credit card...
(They are really in the money order selling business).

Ken

n2vip at yahoo.com
n2vip at mac.com
Looking for something, try browsing