[geeks] *DROOL*

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Jan 29 12:22:05 CST 2002

> We've had nothing but problems with those VA machines.  They just up and
> randomly stop working..we end up having to power cycle them and pray fsck
> can deal with the resulting shit storm.

We've found that the power supplies are prone to failure.  The power/reset
button rarely works, and when it does it's anybody's guess whether it wil
*actually* turn on.  More than once we've had a VA machine refuse to boot,
but all the pretty lights still blink and glow.  Replace the PS, and it
works like it's supposed to.

Kurt