[geeks] Intel 810-based motherboards?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Jan 28 20:40:31 CST 2002

Okay, just to set the record straight, this is for a wintel
box I'm building for stuff that I *cant* do on a UNIX machine,
at least not easily[1].  So, lets not go down that road; its not
replacing my SunBlade 1000 nor G4 Cube by a long shot.

Anyway.  Recommendations on an Intel 810-chipset-based motherboard
that will take a FPGA Celeron 850?  I've got a system on the way,
but its using a 1998-vintage DFI board that doesent look too
great.. so I'm looking to get a board thats got onboard video/sound/
ethernet, and I'll just upgrade the video later.

I've got a Compaq P2-733 at work thats one of these (everything's
integrated), but I have no idea who actually makes the motherboard.

So, recommendations wanted.

Bill

[1] VPN connection to work through a Nortel VPN box; no, it doesent
    support any of the *NIXes.  And visio.  and maybe a game or two.

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net
Austin, TX