[geeks] HELL YES

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Jan 28 19:13:23 CST 2002

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 04:18:16PM -0800, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 12:25:25PM -0500, Big Endian wrote:
> > > http://www.penguinppc.org/articles/tgall/pop.shtml
> >
> > At more than $2500 JUST for the motherboard?  Fuck that, gimme
> > a dual 1ghz powermac.
>
> Ditto.  I wonder if this is what the CHRP mutated into...

I believe that this board is closer to PReP than CHRP.  PReP was cool.  There
are a few PReP mbs out there, but none as powerful as this should be (but
most are a lot cheaper).  IBM released the reference designs for anyone to
use license free, but not many people made use of them.  Kinda sad really.

--
Joshua D. Boyd