[geeks] I guess I'll ask again

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Mon Jan 28 10:32:48 CST 2002

I didn't get an answer last time ... maybe got drowned out.

I have an IBM RS/6000 7006 41T that I plan to hook up to an IBM P70
monitor that was included.  The reason the monitor was included in the old
equipment is probably because it is fine except that there is a blurry
oval shaped area in the center of the tube.  Is there any way to fix this?
It's a great monitor otherwise.

Secondarily I notice that hooking a Sun Sparc LX to it makes it crash.  I
can't turn the screen off or adjust any of the controls, however the
picture is fine.  I have to pull the plug and re-plug every time I reboot,
however, since the screen reset makes it look like the scrolling text in
Star Wars.

Third: Does a Sparcstation LX or a CG3 equipped SS2 work with a 13W3->VGA
adapter, and any caveats?  Does the IBM 41T also work that way?  I am
assuming the cable pinouts might be different (hence the onboard monitor
computer crashing when hooked up via Sun 13W3 cable to a Sparc LX.

Andrew

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.