[geeks] Ye flippin' gods!

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Sun Jan 27 19:42:45 CST 2002

"Peter L. Wargo" wrote:

> Hmmm... I eneded up w/kernel panics from one of the "install these on sol7
> before you install GL" patches.  Backing those patches out fixed it.

Yeah, and I seem to be screwed now as far as the game goes anyway. It
still won't build on Solaris 8 on my SS20, and the Linux box won't
display it on here anymore either. I get this lovely message:

[sambo at jerusalem data]$ ../bin/bzflag &
[5] 15637
[sambo at jerusalem data]$ loading fixedbr...
X Error of failed request:  GLXUnsupportedPrivateRequest
  Major opcode of failed request:  153 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  17 (X_GLXVendorPrivateWithReply)
  Serial number of failed request:  112

[5]+  Exit 1                  ../bin/bzflag

Fooey.

---sambo
no games for me, it seems