[geeks] Little Kids + Unix

Michael Dombrowski legodude at hammycorp.com
Sun Jan 27 14:01:39 CST 2002

My little brother has a PC in his room which he uses primarily for
playing games and web surfing. I'd like to introduce him to unix and
that there is a way of doing things other than PCs. What would you
all recommend to get a 10yr interested in Unix? I'm probably gonna
stick an XTerm in his room and have it logon to my Ultra30 so there's
a pretty beefy machine to run whatever. I was thinking maybe some
sort of basic with support for graphics but I don't know if that
would be best. Only other requirement is that it look decent with
only 8bit graphics.

Mike