[geeks] Cheap Home Stereo Receiver?

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Sat Jan 26 14:43:11 CST 2002

On Saturday, January 26, 2002, at 10:52 , Michael Dombrowski wrote:

> I'm looking for reccomendations on what to replace my current
[...]
> d composite video so I can just hit buttons and
> have whichever game system or computer I want showing. I don't mind
> used, I'm probably going to have to get used to get all of the
> features I want. I'd like to spend around 150$, but if I have to I
> can go up to a max of $250.

I have been *very* happy with our Pioneer VSX-D608.  It was less than
$250 IIRC, has a huge number of inputs, 100Wx5ch, and lotsa goodies.
(Dolby digial and DTS, fer example.)

For low-end, Pioneer does a pretty good job.  It's hooked to 4 Infinity
RS2's, an infinity CCM3 center, and an 8" Infinity powered sub.
Excellent sound, and not very costly.

-Pete