[geeks] Re: [rescue] Boats?

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Fri Jan 25 16:58:01 CST 2002

	I was told that the reason for doing this was so that the shell
casings piled up at your feet for easy collecting rather than having them
thrown 6+ feet to the left or right. Unfortunatly this does not bear out in
experimentation as I found that the ejection slammed them into the ground
hard enough to make them bounce away anyways. Also everyone in the movies
that use this style seem the least likely to be worrying about collecting
evidence at the crime scene.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer
WHRO