[geeks] Re: [rescue] Boats?

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Fri Jan 25 16:17:48 CST 2002

> > > Uhm, you can do that.  Its not practical, but you can do it.
> >
> > Of course you can shoot that way, but your accuracy is going
> > to suffer, and in the movies it's always the "Pro" that shoots
> > that way, when in real life a professional will shoot in a
> > stance that offers more accuracy.
>
> The real life professional killer won't ever get his arm anywhere NEAR
> shoulder height (assuming the handgun is holstered at their hip), so
> what does it matter what the losers in the movies do?  :-)

It just irritates me.  They usually have consultants on the set,
so why must they trade realism for "looking cool"?

Not only are they shooting shoulder-height, they are also
fully extending their arm with their other arm dangling at
the side, with their shooting shoulder closer to the target.

I was always mildly impressed that, with all the other flaws,
the Sonny Crockett character on "Miami Vice" had somewhat
accurate shooting stance.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net