[geeks] Re: [rescue] Boats?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Jan 25 15:33:46 CST 2002

> On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 03:14:38PM -0600, Eric Dittman wrote:
> > Some of the things they take creative license on in movies
> > drives me nuts, like having a guy shoot a handgun holding
> > it straight out with the handgun parallel to the ground
> > rather than vertical.
>
> Uhm, you can do that.  Its not practical, but you can do it.

I tried it once witha .45 and hurt my elbow.  It put my forearm/elbow/upper
arm in the wrong arrangement, apparently.  My arm did *not* expect the shock
fromteh recoil to travel in that way...

However, minutes previous to that I did the same thing with a .25 with no
ill effect - except a *total* lack of accuracy.

Kurt