[geeks] Yumm.

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 25 11:49:10 CST 2002

~ -----Original Message-----
~ From: Eric Dittman [mailto:dittman at dittman.net]

~ I like good tomatoes, but they aren't easy to find here in Texas.

Are you kidding? They should grow better in a warm climate. They prefer hot
days and cool nights (cool nights = sweeter). They also prefer daily
watering. You can achieve the cool nights by watering at night with a fine
mist. Also, keep the roots cool with tons-O-mulch (damp leaves/grass is
best).

Of course, if we are talking about store tomatoes, forget it. Only organics
and hydroponics are worth eating if you get them from a store. When I lived
in PA I had a coworker who owned a huge hydroponics tomato farm. I used to
get 4 pounds a week from him.