[geeks] Yumm.

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Fri Jan 25 11:31:32 CST 2002

> > plain tomatoes are just NASTY.
> >
> >   My mom used to really squick me when she'd pick up a tomato and start
> > eating it like an apple.  Disgusting.  Then I met my (now deceased)
> > uncle Bert.  He did that with...you guessed it, ONIONS.  His breath
> > would knock you flat.
>
> Funny, tomatos are the first "healthy" thing I liked as a kid... that and
> canned spinach.  (age 3).  Yes I do like them raw with lots of black
> pepper or Italian dressing.  If you get bad tomatos (greenish bits, or
> cardboard tasting... forget it.)

I like good tomatoes, but they aren't easy to find here in Texas.

> My favorite vegetable is still okra, however... oh and nopales (cactus
> sections) and ancho chilis

Okra?!  Bleah!  I'm pretty sure someone made up eating okra as
a joke.

Which brings up the question, who realized that cassava wasn't
poisonous after roasting?  Did someone say to themselves, "Well,
everyone that eats this uncooked dies, so I'll cook it and eat
it!"
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net