[geeks] stupid PeeCee question

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Jan 23 21:26:13 CST 2002

Any one know if a celeron 733 will work when placed on a 100mhz bus instead
of a 133 (it is meant to run at 133.  At 100mhz it would be a 550mhz, if it
works).

I see a machine that I could get running for $125, if I reuse PC100 memory
in it.  It has on board video.  This is probably bad.  But I'm sure I could
use a PCI Voodoo3 instead in the system.

I don't know.  I'm just looking at different options for getting my sister
a faster machine.  This would be slightly cheaper than outfitting her with
any sort of decent Mac (the hardware works out the same, but this wouldn't
need new software).  I really like the idea of moving her to less MS infested
platform though.

--
Joshua D. Boyd