[geeks] Solaris newfs question

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Jan 23 17:39:25 CST 2002

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 05:25:55PM -0500, Rob wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, David Cantrell wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 03:12:22PM -0500, Rob wrote:
> > > Alt.* is more than just testing. It IS the main funnel for the creation of
> > > new *official* newgroups. Usenet is usenet. I don't think I've ever seen a
> > > vote for a new official newsgroup without it being an alt first.
> > comp.sys.amstrad.8bit :-)
> How did that get to be on the list then? Email mailing list first or
> something?

Well, it was created some years ago, and things wuz different back then.
There was also quite a lot of relevant traffic in comp.os.cpm - enough to
annoy non-Amstrad people there.

 Pressure was growing last night for the global "war on terror" to be
 broadened to take in a wide range of other 'rogue emotions' including
 horror, shock and a general feeling of bewilderment about the state of
 the world.    -- The Brains Trust